>Mafia Wars Suspends Dozens Of Accounts For Illegal Activity
Please excuse the delay in me getting this out to you but I have the flu.
Well I said it was coming and here it is !!! Dozens of illegal Loot sellers, players who have bought accounts from other players and players who got illegal reward point injections have been getting their accounts suspended Today. They are also going after people who’s Mafia Wars name contains profanity. So the crack down has begun and from the looks of things will continue.
Zynga has come our with some messages in the customer support pages and I am reprinting them for you but also giving you the link so you can see for yourself. Click Here for the 1st message.
- f. You shall use your Account only for non-commercial purposes;
- i. You shall not rent, lease, sell, trade, gift, bequeath or otherwise transfer your Account or any virtual items or virtual currency associated with your Account to anyone without Zynga’s written permission; and
- j. You shall not access or use an Account which has been rented, leased, sold, traded, gifted, bequeathed, or otherwise transferred from the Account creator without Zynga’s permission.
- a. Engage in any act that Zynga deems to be in conflict with the spirit or intent of the Service, including but not limited to circumventing or manipulating these Terms, our game rules, game mechanics or policies;
- b. Make improper use of Zynga’s support services, including by submitting false abuse reports; or
- d. Use cheats, exploits, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Zynga Game or any Zynga game experience;
- e. Use the Service in order to design or assist in the design of cheats, automation software, bots, hacks, mods or any other unauthorized third-party software designed to modify or interfere with the Service, any Zynga game or any Zynga game experience;
- f. Without Zynga’s express written consent, modify or cause to be modified any files that are a part of the Service or any Zynga game;
- g. Disrupt, overburden, or aid or assist in the disruption or overburdening of (1) any computer or server used to offer or support the Service or any Zynga game environment (each a “Server”); or (2) the enjoyment of the Service or any Zynga game by any other person;
- h. Institute, assist, or become involved in any type of attack, including without limitation distribution of a virus, denial of service attacks upon the Service, or other attempts to disrupt the Service or any other person’s use or enjoyment of the Service; or
- i. Attempt to gain unauthorized access to the Service, Accounts registered to others or to the computers, Servers, or networks connected to the Service by any means other than the user interface provided by Zynga, including but not limited to, by circumventing or modifying, attempting to circumvent or modify, or encouraging or assisting any other person to circumvent or modify, any security, technology, device, or software that is part of the Service;
- l. Attempt to, or harass, abuse, or harm, or advocate or incite harassment, abuse, or harm of another person, group, including Zynga employees, including Zynga’s customer service representatives; or
- n. Without Zynga’s express written consent, use the Service, any Zynga game, or any part thereof for any commercial purpose, including but not limited to, (1) permitting, authorizing, or offering use of the Service, any Zynga game, or any part thereof at a cyber café, computer gaming center or any other commercial establishment provided however that, for clarity, providing the means for users to access the Internet is not prohibited by the forgoing, (2) communicating or facilitating any commercial advertisement or solicitation, or (3) gathering in-game currency, items or resources for sale;
- o. Use the Service, any Zynga game, or any part thereof for performing in-game services, such as power-leveling and item collection services, in exchange for payment outside the Service;
- p. Transmit unauthorized communications through the Service, including junk mail, chain letters, spam and any materials that promote malware, spyware and downloadable items; or
- s. Intercept, examine or otherwise observe any proprietary communications protocol used by a client, a Server, or the Service, whether through the use of a network analyzer, packet sniffer or other device;
- t. Make any automated use of the system, or take any action that imposes or may impose (in our sole discretion) an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure;
- u. Bypass any robot exclusion headers or other measures we take to restrict access to the service or use any software, technology, or device to send content or messages, scrape, spider, or crawl the Service, or harvest or manipulate data;
- v. Use, facilitate, create, or maintain any unauthorized connection to the Service, including without limitation (1) any connection to any unauthorized server that emulates, or attempts to emulate any part of the Service, or (2) any connection using programs, tools, or software not expressly approved by Zynga;
- w. Reverse engineer, decompile, disassemble, decipher or otherwise attempt to derive the source code for any underlying software or other intellectual property used to provide the Service or any Zynga game, or to obtain any information from the Service or any Zynga game using any method not expressly permitted by Zynga; or
We have detected unusual activity on your Mafia Wars account. We have temporarily suspended access to your account while we conduct an investigation. The investigation will be completed and your account will be reactivated within 7 days, if not sooner. We are working to resolve the issue as quickly as possible.
If you have any questions, please visit this FAQ or contact our Customer Support team and reference this message, “MWTempSuspend,” in your email. Thank you for your patience.